Honey contains a treasure chest of hidden nutritional and medicinal value for centuries. The sweet golden liquid from the beehive is a popular kitchen staple loaded with antibacterial and antifungal properties that has been used since the early days of Egyptian tombs.
Honey should be the treatment of choice to battle coughs and colds instead of antibiotics, doctors have been recently told and now health officials have told medical professionals not to issue the drugs to patients, but instead encourage them to use self-care products such as honey and lemon in an effort to tackle the growing problem of antibiotic resistance.
Our Beekeepers sometimes produce enough Honey to sell (Subject to availability) and below is our current list of outlets and members with stock.
- Hartford Village Store
- Hinchingbrooke Country Park Café
- Bellmans Bakery Godmanchester
- David Hetherington, St Ives, Tel: 01480393262
- Community Shop, Great Paxton
- Johnsons Farm Shop, Old Hurst
- Budgens (Filling Station), Bluntisham
- Cromwell Museum Shop Huntingdon
- Ramsey Rural Museum Café
- Ramsey Golf Club Pro Shop